First Grade News
For the week of March 29, 2010
Important Information and Dates:
Spring Break will start this Friday. Please remember if your child starts the “I’m bored” complaint you can take them to the library or the museum. I (Mr. Williams) have spent the last month working on my National Boards at the library and it is such a nice place-plus it is free. A nice activity to do is have them write in a journal about what they did each day. They can bring in their journals and share them we return from Spring Break. The movie Diary of a Wimpy Kid has a cool journal your child can write in. You can buy it at any major department store.
• These students were the top AR readers last week: Brasan Johnson(6.8), Trey Hinton (6.3), and Kamren Fitzgerald (3.4).
• We will review these 5 words this week: together, animal, nice, eat and see.
• We are having an Easter egg hunt this Thursday. Your child does not need to bring in anything for the hunt.
• Wednesday is the last day for the “Book It” program. Please bring in your reading logs to receive your free Pizza Hut coupon.
Homework this week:
Blue group will read: Little Red Hen on Monday and Tuesday and The Kite on Wednesday.
Yellow group will read: Matthew and Tilly on Monday and Tuesday and The Chase on Wednesday.
• Sight words every night, math sheet on Tuesday.
Quote of the week: One of the luckiest things that can happen in life is, I think to have a happy childhood.
Your First Grade Teachers