1. Lisa is two times the age of Rick. Rick is three times the age of Dan? Dan is two years younger than Ann. Ann is 4 years old. What are the ages of Lisa and Rick?
2. My dad is 3 times the age of my brother. I am half the age of my mom. By brother is four years younger than me. My mom is 38 years old. How old am I? What about the ages of my brother and Dad?
3. I need to know how much money is in my bank account. I have half the money my Dad has in his account. My dad has three times the amount that my sister has. My sister has a fourth of the amount of my Mom. My mom has $20. How much money do I have in my account? What about my Dad and my sister? How much do we all have combined?
4. Mrs. Flagg and Mr. Lyddane need to know how much money to spend on the rewards party. The rewards party costs 3 times the amount of a classroom pizza party. The pizza party is half the amount of a magic show. The magic show is a fourth the cost of the bounce house. The bounce house costs $200 to rent. How much will each of the following cost: magic show, pizza party and the rewards party? How much would it cost to have all of the parties? Mrs. Flagg and Mr. Lyddane decide to split the bill. How much would each have to pay?
Sunday, February 10, 2013
1. Six friends go to the store and put their money together. They were able to buy four candy bars. How much of the candy bars will each child get? (Think- is there enough for each child to get a whole candy bar?)
2. Three children are sharing 10 cookies. Divide the cookies so that each one will get the same amount. How much can each child have? I want to see the children and their cookies.
3. Two friends go the pizza parlor and order five small pizzas. How much pizza can each child have? (Think- is there enough for each child to get a whole pizza?)
4. This time eight friends are watching movies at a sleepover. The mom pops six bags of popcorn. How much popcorn will each child be able to eat? (Think-will they each get a whole bag?)
Sunday, February 3, 2013
You guys are working for the Williams Construction Company. You are going to have to know how to use a ruler and how to figure out the area of a rectangle. I cannot afford to have any mistakes or I will lose business. Do a good job and I will promote you to a general contractor. Make a mistake and I will have to let you go.
1 inch = 1 foot. I need for you to sketch the following dimensions for the rooms we will need to floor. A square foot of floor costs $5.
1. Get your ruler out and sketch the area of this floor plan and then figure out what it will cost the homeowners. The length of the floor is 7 feet and the width is 8 feet. Remember that you will have to use inches to sketch the floor plan.
2. Okay now that you know what you are doing I will be giving fewer directions. Sketch the area of the dining room. The dimensions are 8 feet in length and 9 feet in width. What is the area and cost of the room?
3. Sketch the area of the entry way of the house. The length is 4 feet and the width is 6 feet. What is the area and cost of the room?