First Grade News
For the week of March 08, 2010
Important Information and Dates:
• These students were the top AR readers last week: Trey Hinton(7.8), Alexie Frantz(6.4), and Mercedes Basham (4.6).
• We will review these 5 words this week: now, show, by, teacher and why.
• Report Cards will go home on the 19th. Please remember if your child needs an extra year in First grade; he or she is not failure and there is nothing wrong with having an extra year in First grade. There were several children who needed an extra year last year, and they are doing wonderful this year. We would rather see your child back in First grade where he or she will learn skills to be successful, rather than go to second grade and hate school.
• Fundraiser money is due this Wednesday the 10th.
Homework this week:
Blue group-BIG Book- Monday- The Bossy Gallito Tuesday- Review The Bossy Gallito Wednesday-Anansi and the Talking Melon, Thursday- Review Anansi and the Talking Melon
Yellow group- Has received their big books! Please make sure to listen to them read every night. Monday – A Game Called Piggle Tuesday- A Game Called Piggle Wednesday-Jafta Thursday- Jafta
Red group will read The Cake.
• Sight words every night, math sheet on Tuesday and Thursday
Quote of the week: Work is either fun or drudgery. It depends on your attitude. I like fun.
Your First Grade Teachers