Here is some important information you should know about:
• It's shaping up to be another busy week in 3rd grade!
• Don't forget to stop by the book fair and shop for good fit books with your child! Books are my FAVORITE gift no matter the age!!!
• Speaking of the book fair, please encourage yoru child to take AR tests this week so they can be entered in the hoola hoop contest to WIN FREE BOOKS from the book fair...WAHOO!!!
• If your child has anything with a Hawaiian Theme they may wear it on Wednesday.
• Donuts and Dads...YUMMY...will be Tuesday morning beginning at 7:15!
• PACs Now will be here on Thursday and Friday for another My Pyramid Lesson.
• Thursday will be the 1st-2nd grade music performance at 6:00 pm, and the book fair will be open as well!
This week in learning...
RED Reading - The students will continue working and reading their way through Junie B. Jones. They will have at least two mini lessons with Mr. Jansen to add to the CAFE Menu of skills and strategies! Additionally, they will work with various types of plural nouns this week!
BLUE Reading - The students will continue working and reading their way through Mr. Popper's Penguins. They will have at least two mini lessons with Mr. Jansen to add to the CAFE Menu of skills and strategies! In writing, we will begin working on informational writing. The student will choose and research one of the 17 penguin species to learn more information!
MIND Time - The students will begin creating biography boxes on a famous character of their choosing! This activity should be really fun for the students as they learn to work their way through the process of researching and creating a project!
Reading Buddies - Of course on Friday, we will read with our kindergarten buddies!
Math: We are on week 3 of a 6 week unit on fractions. Six weeks seems like a long time to spend on fractions, but we are going to develop their depth of knowledge about fractions. Other stations will include predicting and weighing objects in grams, building pizzas with certain fractions, reviewing the four operations of math, working with Ipads and working with Dreambox.
If you have internet access your child can get on superteacher1.blogspot.com and play educational games such as compass, dreambox or mangahigh. If they play dreambox tell them no visiting the arcade until they have 10 tokens.
Your Third Grade Teachers