Monday, August 22, 2011

Newsletter

The 3rd Grade News August 22, 2011
Important Information:
I want to thank you all for the smooth start of the year. I have been doing this for 13 years and I have to say this has been the best start I’ve ever had. Your children are working hard and things are going great. As long as they keep working hard I will stick with just 15 minutes a night of reading. We occasionally will have a few worksheets a week.
We have a math test tomorrow over rounding to the nearest 10 and 100. They have been working really hard in class and I can’t wait to see how they do.
 We also have a science test tomorrow over static electricity. I hope your child has been coming home and talking about the experiments we have been doing.
 Please try to turn in any field trip money by the end of the month.
 If you can afford to send any packaged candy, I would greatly appreciate it.
 Make sure to sign your child’s agenda every night.
 Aug. 30th is Teachers and Takeout
 Sept. 2nd starts the book fair.
In math we are going to continue with place value.
In science we are going to start a unit on magnets.
The only homework I am requiring is that your child read something for at least 15 minutes a night. If your child does not have books at home they may read their library book or check out a book from my classroom library.

No comments:

Post a Comment