First Grade News
For the week of February 17, 2010
Important Information and Dates:
• We would like to thank all parents and guardians who came to Parent Teacher Conferences. We are still having make-up conferences due to all of the snow. Check inside your child’s red folder for your new conference sheet.
• These students have the most AR points since January 4th: Trey Hinton (12.1), Blake Stracener (8.1) and Nathanael Turner (7.4).
• The cutoff date for the limo ride to McDonald’s will now be next Friday.
• We will review these 5 words this week: great, down, new, thing and get.
• Please turn in any fundraiser forms as soon as possible.
• Homework this week:
• Blue group-Read Jafta tonight and Thursday.
• Yellow group-continue to read the decodable books every night.
• Red group-Will work on Big News from Readers Theatre. Please make sure you and your child practice this paper every night. This is the only way your child’s fluency will improve. Have fun reading the paper in different voices. This week practice a reporter’s voice.
• Sight words every night, math sheet on Thursday
• Quote of the week: Never give up on a child.
Your First Grade Teachers